In the latest installment of their "Invitation to Dialogue" series, the NYT runs this letter from former museum director Frank Robinson.
Responses will be published in Sunday's paper, but I managed to get my hands on some responses of the Deaccession Police:
1. Shut up.
2. Frank Robinson is repulsive.
3. Frank Robinson is Stalinesque.
4. Frank Robinson should be sanctioned.
5. Frank Robinson should be fired.
6. If Frank Robinson can't be fired because he's retired, then Peter Schjeldahl should be fired.
I imagine the "public trust" may make an appearance too, but we'll have to wait till Sunday to fond out.