- Pace and Wildenstein have split up. Carol Vogel has the story in the NYT: "Although the financial details are being kept confidential, hundreds of millions of dollars are said to have changed hands. Pace bought out Wildenstein’s portion of the inventory they jointly owned .... It also bought out Wildenstein’s 49 percent share of PaceWildenstein."
- Collector sues gallery. Ed Winkleman comments.
- "Fake Wine, Thomas Jefferson, Christie's and the Law." Related story here.
- Is Canada the best place to unload stolen art? Mark Durney comments.
- Art fair legal dispute?
- Art Institute of Chicago cuts gallery hours.
- Not guilty pleas in Clementine Hunter fakes case.
- A conference on the 20th anniversary of the Gardner theft.
- Plus ca change.
- "Hundreds of artworks in Turkish museum stolen and replaced with fakes."
Friday, April 02, 2010
Linkage (wow-there's-a-lot-going-on edition)
Posted by Donn Zaretsky at 10:52 AM